30+ years experience interpreting across all areas, including extensive work in legal and professional settings. Perhaps the most unusual assignment being the (alleged) exorcism of a Deaf poltergeist for a BBC program.
My strengths and passions (psychology, linguistics, personal / professional development, and strategic management / leadership) are reflected in my academic background and current work:
– BA in Philosophy and Psychology, MSC in Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP), am also an Association for Coaching (AC) certified coach.
– VRS/VRI interpreting, working with Deaf professionals in their work places, interpreting in government departments, and anything interesting.
– Training (interpreters and non-interpreters) in developing professional skills and psychological perspectives on communication, ageing, etc.
– Run DeafATW.com on a voluntary basis, supporting Deaf people and interpreters with Access to Work.
– Run the Gambia Interpreter project in a voluntary basis, providing funding, training and strategic support to interpreters in The Gambia. (You can read more about this on my main website).
– Provide consultancy, support and signposting on interpreting and access issues.
Please contact me to discuss, pretty much anything.
Send me a message
If you'd rather discuss a booking over the phone, you can call me on 07739 309829